Led 2-Light Kit
This is a great kit that's all about working quickly, but getting good results. The main light is Litepanels' Astra 1x1 Bi-Color unit, which has 4x the output of conventional LED 1x1 panels. That power lets you do things not usually possible with a 1x1 fixture — i.e., you can bounce it into a ceiling to bring up the level of an entire room, or use it outdoors to add strong fill in sunlight. The kit also includes a snap-on softbox for creating a soft light for interviews. See my review of the Astra on Pro Video Coalition, right here.
The second light is the Litepanels Sola ENG, which is a small, daylight-balanced fresnel that's great as a hair or edge light for interviews, or for creating some highlight/shadow detail in backgrounds. You can also mount it on all but small cameras using an included hot-shoe.
Note: If you need a second 1x1 panel, I also rent a great bi-color fixture from Visual Buddha, which isn't quite as bright as the Astra, but brighter than most 1x1 LEDs you'll find out there.
- Litepanels Astra Bi-Color LED 1x1
- Chimera softbox for Astra
- Litepanels Sola ENG Fresnel LED (daylight balanced)
- Stands for two lights
- Lights, stands and optional batteries come in one easy case
-- see complete packing list (PDF -- coming soon)
- Two gold-mount brick batteries, with charger, $20
- Additional 1x1 bi-color LED from Visual Buddha, $40